Don’t Compare Yourself to Others

Guns N Roses T-ShirtBlack JeansBlack JeansVansBlack JeansVansHappy Friday ma lovelies! and welcome to a new month. I hope you’re having a fab start to the new season?

Being a social media person can be very disappointing sometimes. I try very hard not to compare myself to others in this sector but I cannot help it, i only human after all. I know doing that only makes me a little jealous that I am not as successful as others. I sometimes feel, i work so hard to put content up there,  why aren’t i getting the exposure I want  but I am learning that now that I am older, I can’t get things my way anymore. Plus all those other successful bloggers, they’ve all had to work extremely hard to get where they are today. And only with hard work and perseverance will I ever succeed in the blogging industry. I just need to continue to be myself, enjoy what I do. If and when it becomes a chore, I don’t post because my followers can tell when I am grumpy. Even when people follow and un-follow you, don’t give up. Because one day, you will make it. Plus some people have massive followers but you may have more interaction with yours posts. As long as you’re consistent with your posts and are yourself online, people will feel connected and will stay true to you.

How do you stop yourself from comparing yourself to others on social media?

Thanks for stopping by x

Shop this post:

46 Comments

1. September 1, 2017 / 9:33 am

Yes so true, it can be disappointing sometimes but it is important to remember to love yourself!

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

2. May 20, 2019 / 10:47 am

wow soo pretty outfit! <3

3. September 1, 2017 / 9:35 pm

wow soo pretty outfit! <3

4. May 20, 2019 / 10:47 am

What a great post! Totally agree!

xo, Joling

5. September 2, 2017 / 9:09 pm

What a great post! Totally agree!

xo, Joling

6. VVEEKEND 101
    May 20, 2019 / 10:47 am

Don’t be too insecure! You have all it takes to be a successful blogger! anw looking nice, love! <3

VVEEKEND 101

7. VVEEKEND 101
    September 3, 2017 / 4:42 pm

VVEEKEND 101

8. May 20, 2019 / 10:47 am

Oh I totally agree with your strong attitude dear! It’s so important to just stay true to yourself, no matter what others could be saying 🙂 Great styling!!
    xx, Carmen – http://carmitive.com

9. September 4, 2017 / 2:03 pm

xx, Carmen – http://carmitive.com

10. September 4, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Oh man, getting into that comparison game is TOO easy, especially with social media. That’s why I try to keep my social media to a minimum. One way to not compare is to remind yourself of all the wonderful things that has happened to your life, irregardless of what others have done. Once you look only at yourself, you realize how blessed you are.

11. September 4, 2017 / 9:58 pm

You look great! And what you said is so true 🙂 xx

12. May 20, 2019 / 10:58 am

Thats so true but keep going with the good work.
    I like your hair…
    Xoxo

marisascloset.blogspot.com

13. September 5, 2017 / 11:50 am

Thats so true but keep going with the good work.
    I like your hair…
    Xoxo

marisascloset.blogspot.com

14. May 20, 2019 / 10:58 am

This is always my problem right now in college. I always want to dress differently and since everyone here uses sneakers and jeans I feel uncomfortable and juts dress basic. Thank you for the inspiration gorgeous!

Camila,
    My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com

15. September 5, 2017 / 11:25 pm

Camila,
    My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com

16. September 6, 2017 / 3:05 pm

Oh love this post! So true that we all can make it as long as we focus on ourselves and put in the effort. Yes to the empowerment! And love your jeans, they’re so so chic! Xx

17. May 20, 2019 / 10:58 am

Very true! It’s all about staying true to yourself and creating excellent content, which you are clearly doing. I totally understand the frustration of it all but I love your motivation.
    This outfit post is amazing. You look badass.

18. May 20, 2019 / 10:58 am

Love the positivity in this post, so inspiring! You look amazing too 🙂

Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

19. September 7, 2017 / 8:07 am

This outfit post is amazing. You look badass.

20. September 7, 2017 / 11:08 am

Love the positivity in this post, so inspiring! You look amazing too 🙂

Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

21. May 20, 2019 / 10:58 am

The outfit is awesome! I love your style:)

irinathayer.com

22. September 11, 2017 / 9:16 pm

The outfit is awesome! I love your style:)

irinathayer.com

23. May 20, 2019 / 10:58 am

I know how you feel, I’m a starting blogger and it’s hard to not compare yourself to other, more successful, people, but don’t! You have your own strengths and are good in things they migt=ht nit be good in. By the way, I love the layout of your blog and your photos, you have quality content, don;t worry! And love te top, I’ve been to a concert of Guns ‘N Roses and it was awesome!

24. September 19, 2017 / 12:37 pm